Wednesday 9 February 2011

Just another little update...

Successful news!
A few entries ago, December possibly, I mentioned a collaboration with a friend at University who is on a Games Design course, he had been assigned a project which consisted of him having to design a game sequence, constructing characters and levels and simply asked me to create a sound track for it.
Well I finished the sound track last week and have given it to him, and I am proud to say he is extremely pleased with the results and has opened the door on another opportunity for me.
It would basically be the same idea expect span over 8 weeks and working with multiple people at once, possibly even multiple arrangements to be made, I intend to weigh out my options and see if it will be possible to take this on board however it does need careful planning so as to not make my schedule to hectic lest I fall behind with my university work.
Here is the track I arranged:

http://soundcloud.com/nikolaus90/game-level-track

In other good news, the band I am part of, The Valley, played another gig on Saturday night at The Red Lion in Sandiacre.
Again we did two forty-five minute sets to a decent crowd who were extremely enthusiastic and really up for a good night. We added new songs in and this time I was asked to re-arrange the set for the night.
The order consisted of:

Last weekend The Valley spent recording out four track demo which we are going to be taking to venues all over the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area to get us playing as much as possible which means constant work to be put in all the time, a bit of pressure never hurt I say.
The tracks we recorded were:
Stuck In The Middle
Sound Of The Underground
Hedonism
Blue Sunday

Blue Sunday is again another example of my compositional work.
It is a new instrumental I have composed so there’s a bit more variety at our shows, plus it never hurt to give singers a break and steal the limelight aha.

Here is a link to Stuck in the Middle

http://soundcloud.com/nikolaus90/stuck-in-the-middle-3/s-JZq7o

and Blue Sunday

http://soundcloud.com/nikolaus90/blue-sunday 

I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Night allx

No comments:

Post a Comment