Tuesday 26 April 2011

Set Lists and Studio Times

8 hours of rehearsing for the gig in July. Our set list is simple and perfectly planned.
It looks something like this.......
Terraplane Blues-Robert Johnson
Thrill Is Gone-BB King
Knockin’ On Heavens Door-Bob Dylan
Goin’ Mad Blues-John Lee Hooker
Hoochie Coochie Man-Muddy Waters
Drunk-Tommy Tucker
Harpoon Man-The Paul Delay Band

Here is a flyer for the gig itself.
In further news my own compositions have taken a positive turn and I am going to be in the studio next week recording 3 tracks, all different instrumentals with a live band set up who have all learnt what I have written.
Kind of ironic really, I want to make it as a session player yet I have people being session guys for me to get started.....

Here is a shot of some of the music from the tracks:

The first one, a metal inspired piece called ‘999’.





The second one has yet to be christened however I am using the working title ‘Acoustic Gold’.
And the third one has been aptly named ‘Groove Ladder’.

The studio session is booked for 5 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday and then by the weekend I will have a rough mix of the songs to listen to and outline any tweaks to make.
I am rather excited for next week.

Last Friday the 22nd April, I was involved in an open mic night down at the new Welfare Club where I am working.
I played a 4 song set to finish the night off.
The first two songs were:
Knockin on Heavens door
Pretty Vacant.
The line up consisted of guitar, bass, drums and shared vocals.
Next we played:
Rockin In The Free World
For this we had a harmonica player come up and join us to jam.
The final song of the night was:
Mustang Sally
For this we had lead vocals, backing vocalists, guitar, bass, harmonica and drums and a very extended ending to keep people wanting more.
My friend was kind enough to fllm some of the set for me and I have posted the video of ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ to Youtube for all to feast their eyes and ears on.

I have also been looking at my practice routine that I do daily on the guitar. Today I timed it and it is exactly 2 hours and I started it just 5 weeks ago and I am already seeing improvement.
This works out a 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 5 weeks.
So the Match wud be 2x5= 10, 10x5=50, which means I have improved my technique and playing ability in 50 hours, I think as I can really see the benefits I will be keeping this up from now on and I encourage all musicians to do the same, practice makes perfect after all.

Night All
x





Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment